Monday, March 8, 2010

It's still... a boy!


I am now at 33 weeks and at my Dr.'s office, they do another ultrasound at this point to measure that baby and see how he is growing. So we got to see our little boy again today. He has definitely filled out since that last time we saw him. He already has chubby cheeks.

They measured him to see how about how much he was weighing. The average baby at this point weighs about 4 and a half pounds. My big boy weighs 5 lbs. 2 oz. which means that he is measuring a week bigger than what he actually is. So I guess I am just blessed to have big babies. It makes me feel better knowing that I really am big, because my baby is big.

I also made her double check on the boy status. I just don't want any surprises coming out, especially since I am completely and totally prepared for a boy. And he is ALL boy. There is no mistaking it. He also has a little bit of hair. It's not very long, but there is a little peach fuzz on there and the ultrasound tech said that his hair will probably get a little bit longer before he comes.

Ella wasn't all that excited to watch her baby brother on the screen, probably because she couldn't tell what it was. But she knows where that baby is, although she thinks that everyone now has a baby in their belly.

We are just waiting patiently, or perhaps impatiently, for the next arrival of our next little one. I am still working on his quilt that goes with his blessing outfit. I am almost halfway done. I have a few more projects to do. And then it is baby time. Ella turns two next Sunday and I can't believe how big she has gotten in the last year. It has been and continues to be such a joy to watch her grow and learn.

4 comments:

Court, Jon said...

Hooray! He's gonna be darling :) Can't wait to see you again!

White Noise said...

Why, Kristen, why would you be worried about the gender? It went so smoothly for Nit...

Anyway, looking good! Can't wait to see you and the dude.

Wendy Lady said...

Such excitement in the Boyce household!

Marisa Jean said...

Man, I wish I got to have one more ultrasound! That's so neat to see the progression of the baby. He'll be here in no time and I can't wait!