This is where the insanity part comes in. We decided to rip out our all our kitchen cabinets. We shopped around and decided it was the best option, with me being pregnant and all, we couldn't afford to have mold in our house.
After we ripped everything out we discovered the mold was a little worse than we originally thought. It was in most of the cabinets and on some drywall behind the stove and behind the sink. So we are glad we decided to take everything out, but now we had to put everything back in.
Because we are on a budget we decided to go with Ikea and assemble everything ourselves. Now, normally I don't really mind these kinds of projects. I like putting things together and seeing the end result. But this is a whole kitchen we are talking about. And let me remind you again that I am pregnant, still a little sick, and have a very active and curious 1 year old.
Aaron and I could only work during Ella's sleeping hours and when Aaron was home from work. Luckily, Aaron's mom, Merralee, flew down to help us put things back together.
We started our project on November 1 and the kitchen is put back together as of today. I think 8 days is pretty good timing. We still have a few cosmetic details to take care of, but we now have a functional kitchen. Here is evidence of our hard work and progress.
Since we bought everything at Ikea, everything came disassemble in boxes.
This is our almost finished project. Like I said before, we still have some cosmetic things to finish like the backsplash and filler pieces. .But for the most part, this is our new kitchen.